Palm Springs Art Museum
Palm Springs Art Museum
Visit the Palm Springs Art Museum to find a variety of pieces of modern and contemporary art. You can find this museum at 72567 CA-111, Palm Desert, CA 92260. The museum features rotating special collections, an outdoor sculpture garden, and rotating special collections of local and international artists. You can also view the museum’s permanent collection of more than 15,000 works. For a family day out, the museum is a great option for a date. There’s something for everyone at the museum.
Founded in 1938, the Palm Springs Art Museum grew over the years to become a landmark of the city. It initially focused on the local Cahuilla people and desert environment, but has since expanded its focus to indigenous culture. It has also hosted exhibits by Dale Chihuly and Pablo Picasso. Its original building, designed by E. Stewart Williams, houses more than 24,000 objects from around the world. The Palm Spring’s art museum also hosts numerous exhibitions, lectures, and performances throughout the year. The museum was expanded into a second location in neighboring Palm Desert in 2012, which was opened in 2013.
The Edwards Harris Pavilion is the museum’s hub for exploration of architecture and design. It houses related exhibitions and educational programs. It also serves as a research center and storage facility for the museum’s collections. The building was originally designed by E. Stewart Williams and opened in 1961 as the Santa Fe Federal Savings and Loan. The Palm Springs Art and Design Center is open seven days a week and is free on the first Sunday of each month.
The Palm Springs Art Museum in the City of San Bernardino County was accredited by the American Alliance of Museums in July 2012. Its current focus is on native Cahuilla and desert cultures. The museum was remodeled in the 1980s to accommodate the expansion of the community. However, the Palm Springs Art Museum still remains a treasure for local residents and visitors alike. Its history and mission have evolved over the years.
The Palm Springs Art Museum is one of the oldest museums in Palm Valley. It was first opened in 1938 and was located in La Plaza in downtown. Its exhibits included primarily Cahuilla Indian artifacts, natural science, and hiking excursions. The museum has moved around the city several times. Its first permanent building was completed in 1958 and was named after the architect. It is now home to the largest collection of paintings in the region.
The museum’s permanent collection contains more than 12,000 works from around the world. The museum’s extensive gallery space and rotating exhibitions help visitors experience art from many different backgrounds. During the summer months, the Palm Springs Art Museum also holds special events and concerts. It hosts events throughout the year and is considered one of the best places to see contemporary and modern art in the area. In addition, the museum has a number of special exhibitions in different mediums.